Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-05-2021 02:48 PM
MY HP printer ENVY 5010 was out of black ink this morning and it had been working since I purchased it a year ago. I bought the HP cartridge printer ink and the printer only printed half pages. I uninstalled and re-installed the printer twice. Now it will print a test page but will not print from my computer. It does print from my HP smartphone app. All the drivers and software is up to date. I don't know what else to do. I hope someone can provide me with a solution.
03-08-2021 02:58 AM
This could be due to the connectivity or the drivers installed. Let us try to isolate and resolve the issue-
You may need to instead go into your router settings and try changing the channel manually. Experiment with different channels to see which one works best.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printer connectivity issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Assign manual IP to the printer
The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.
If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
8). Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer.
Add a TCP/IP port.
- Print a Network Configuration Report from the Printer Settings or Wireless menu.
- Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, click the Ports tab, and then click Add Port.
- Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.
- Follow the instructions to add a new port using the information listed on the Network Configuration Report.
- Try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee