Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ordered an HP Envy 5055 printer from Amazon. It arrived yesterday. Following the quick start guide instructions I plugged it into power. The printer screen started to boot up and then displayed Error Code 0x00829C98 HW_WATCHDOG C. I have tried the troubleshooting steps found on the forums such as removing the cord from the back of the printer. Then removing the cord from the wall. Removing the ink cartridges. Waiting 60s. Turning it on. It goes into error state within about 30s so I've only been able to choose my language and country. Do I return it to Amazon for replacement or will HP replace it? I bought extra ink and an Asurion 4 year protection plan. We need this for homeschool so timing is of the essence. I've also tried plugging it into the wall directly instead of a surge protector. Nothing works. The printer is an expensive paper weight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Off to Amazon Returns it goes 🙂 Hopefully the replacement is happy.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Off to Amazon Returns it goes 🙂 Hopefully the replacement is happy.

HP Recommended

@brucesdad13

Welcome to the HP support community.

Good to know that product is getting replaced.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The replacement came in and it boots up fine. So far so good a few days in... 🤗

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.