cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
jwsadler
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Envy 7640 goes to sleep and won't wake up (requires power cycle)

HP Recommended
Envy 7640
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Ever since the HP driver issue with MacOS catalina, which forced me to uninstall and reinstall new HP drivers my Envy 7640 powers off after a few minutes and will not respond to its power button or to print requests. I have to unplug it to make it work again. It is hardwired to my network switch, is using DHCP to get an IP address, and has the latest firmware. Everything works as before when it is awake. None of the procedures offered here work. Auto-off is disabled since the printer is connected to a wired network. The HP support site is useless since the printer is out of warranty. I use instant ink, but I will not be coming back if HP abandons me here. 

4 REPLIES 4
jasmemphis
Level 2
24 14 0 5
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Never have I ever experienced the dissatisfaction with a tech site designed to assist users.  Disappointing.   Same problem - printer shuts off - no reason given.  I have to walk into another room, unplug the printer , plug it in again and wait for the miracle to happen.

0 Kudos
Gwend
Level 1
1 1 1 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yo have to go to settings in tool and factory reset, then reschedule the time to shut down 👍.

jwsadler
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks - this seems to have worked. To clarify for anyone following, ON THE PRINTER, select Setup, Printer Maintenance, Restore, and Restore Factory Defaults

0 Kudos
jasmemphis
Level 2
24 14 0 5
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is not related to my printer  -  HP Envy 6000 .  So - I took no comfort with your explanation.   I have no settings as you described.

Thank you for your response just the same    ~  jasmemphis

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation