Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
MP M454dn

Printer isn't really stuck in this mode, it will exit if I tap the power button without turning off the printer. But it starts up in MFG whenever it is restarted and it will not print when in this mode. I saw a few other posts about this on different printers but nothing I saw there worked.

I tried unplugging the power, unplugging the cord from the wall, waiting for 2 minutes and I held the power button on the device for 30 seconds. That didn't work. I restored to default, that didn't work. I updated the firmware as well and that didn't work. 

Any other suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are fine, please try to powerdrain the printer, turn ir off and unplug the power cord, in the meantime the machine is off and unplugged, press the power button for around 30 seconds, then open and close the cartridge door 6 times, then reconnect the printer and turn it on, once the machine goes on, open and close cartridge door 6 times and printer may restart.

If issue persist, please reach out tech support at 18003345144 for further assistance.

Regards,

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.