Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 200 Mobile Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am attempting to reconfigure this unit for a new user. When I attempt to enable wireless printing, the message "Wireless Disabled - This feature has been disabled. Contact the person who set up the printer." I am the person who set up the printer for the original user and no information was provided during original setup regarding an administrative password or other option to reset or modify the configuration. How do I perform a factory reset or access the original setup options so that I can configre this unit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Randy13,

You're welcome. As I understand you tried the steps suggested and still having the same issue. Let's try to perform an Advanced reset on the printer, which should help to resolve the issue.

I have sent you the instructions in a private message. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Randy13,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums, I see you are looking to reset the printer to its original state. I will be glad to help. 

Recommend you to follow the steps suggested on page 56-57 of the printer manual. This will restore the printer to the default settings. 

Try this and let me know if this helps. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Chimney_83. Unfortunately, the procedures you provided did not correct the problem. I was able to complete the first part - restoring the printer to original factory defaults. However, after completing this procedure and attempting to move to the second procedure, the Network option under Setup is not displayed and I am unable to complete a restore to original settings. The "Wireless Disabled" message continues to be displayed when I attempt to enable wireless connectivity.

Regards,

Randy13

HP Recommended

Hi @Randy13,

You're welcome. As I understand you tried the steps suggested and still having the same issue. Let's try to perform an Advanced reset on the printer, which should help to resolve the issue.

I have sent you the instructions in a private message. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Could please send me the fix to this dumb issue?

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas Raux

Premice

HP Recommended

Press the Return button (looks like a horizontal line) 4 times. This allows access to an Enable/Disable menu. As far as I can tell, this menu (and the procedure to access it) is undocumented.

HP Recommended

Hi @premice,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues with the wireless feature being disabled on your HP OfficeJet 200 Mobile printer. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you, 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

same here.

I have configured the printer as Admin and unfortunately Wlan and Accespoint disabled. I would like to reset the printer now. Can you give me the instructions, please?

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.