Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Unfortunately this still did not work for me. The test page printed out in color, but then I tried a document and it is still black and white.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! Setting up the printer using the IP address absolutely solved the problem for me.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-OfficeJet-3830-will-not-print-in-color-all-of-a-sud...

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. It works on my Hp 3830. I really appreciate your help. 

HP Recommended

Not getting color option to select in printer preferences

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. Your solution worked GREAT. Thank You

HP Recommended

This fix worked for me! It was so frustrating because some things would print in color and some would not, but this resolved the issue. Thank you!!

HP Recommended

Your solution did not work.

HP Recommended

Finally got it to work after I don't know how long of frustration. I just went back and tried your solution again and this time it worked. I don't know why it didn't work before and I don't care but now it does which is good because I need color print like yesterday. Thank you. Have a Merry Christmas!

HP Recommended

This worked for me, many thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.