Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9018e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP OfficeJet Pro 9018e intermittently will loose WiFi connection and indicate to move the printer closer to the router. It's happens to be 5 feet away.  The only thing that helps is to unplug the printer and let it reset. When it returns all is good for awhile then the same problem occurs. Sometimes the blue internet connection light is blinking.  Also, if I hit the power button to turn it off, it never completely shuts down, I have to unplug it.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MrC103, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you have intermittent connectivity issues with the printer. Let us try these steps:

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Tools > Restore to factory defaults.

• Restart the router, the printer, and the PC

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.

Use the HP Smart app to print. 

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MrC103, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you have intermittent connectivity issues with the printer. Let us try these steps:

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Tools > Restore to factory defaults.

• Restart the router, the printer, and the PC

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.

Use the HP Smart app to print. 

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That seemed to work, the printer still comes up with a comment every now and again to move the printer closer to the router, the router is only 6 feet away, but all seems to be printing OK now.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@MrC103

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. 

Also, make sure the printer firmware is up to date

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is very frustrating, I updated the firmware, reset the wifi and when the printer goes into suspension it doesn't print anymore. I have to unplug it then reboot it. How do I delete HP Print, an old printer from my HP Profile that no longer exists and get this thing to work. 2 Firmware updates ago it worked fine.  I still get the message, move it closer to the router, its 5 feet away, how close does it have to be??  I also can't shut it down by the power button, I have to unplug it.

I hate this printer, when it works it works fine, but I need it reliable all the time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.