Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Take it back to the store if you still can.  Setting a static IP and DNS servers does not resolve the problem. 

This is a problem that HP is refusing to acknowledge exists

HP Recommended

Here's the fix originally posted by Lucky2710:

-My printer is connected to my network wirelessly.

-On my computer I logged onto the printer via the ip address 192.168.1.153 .... (Yours will vary) in a browser

*You can find the printers ip address by on the printers controll panel pushing the wireless button and pushing ok on option 1 it should pop up with the signal strength and the ip address is at the bottom.

-Once I was on the printers page in my browser i went to the network tab at the top.

-Then went to Internet Printing Protocol section (On the left under advanced settings)

-On mine IPP was already enabled but the location was blank I put a "1" in the location box and then applied settings.

-This is the only thing I changed and now my printer sleeps like always but when i print something from my iphone, mac, or pc it wakes up and prints like it is supposed to!

HP Recommended

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I have the same problem with the printer going to sleep and not waking.. WHILST HARDWIRED via USB!! It's causing all sorts of issues and bad moods in the office and I look like a chump saying I don't know why it's doing this, Unplug it and let it start up again.

HP Recommended

Make sure your computer USB ports are configured correctly.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-tips/prevent-windows-from-powering-off-usb-device/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.