Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am remotely helping someone who has an Officejet 4630. In other words, I don't have access to the printer.  The problem they are having is that Wi-Fi  WPA Passphrase has an exclamation point. The 4630 control panel has a telephone style 3x4 keypad. Is there a way to enter an exclamation point using this keypad?  Or is there another way to do that? The 4630 has two symbolic keys on the bottom row of the keypad. *@ and #_ They don't see an exclamation point. Changing the Wi-Fi passphrase is a pain due to the number of devices that would need to be updated. Can an exclamation point be entered into the printer? 

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@tigerg14

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

If you press the "123?" on the keypad, you will find another set of keys in which the exclamation mark should be available.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Betty,

Thanks for the reply. The solution that we settled on was to setup Wireless Direct printing.

I am curious where the 123? is found. I don't have the printer as I am helping someone remotely. I do have the setup guide which does not show 123? as an option. The User Guide does not provide images for connecting to Wi-Fi. Is there a soft keypad that appears when entering the password?

In the setup guide I see the attached image of the printer's control panel. I don't see the 123? on that.  Note that the keypad is not a soft keypad.

HP 4630 Control Panel.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.