Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My printer doesn't print. It's an A3 Printer HP Officejet 7610  series. 

I have gone through all the advice you have given in the forum and I still have no printing facilities. I don't know what else to do? 

I have reset printers. Unplugged + 30 seconds. Updated all the software. 

I have to have it plugged in with USB as the internet in the office password is via a website. I saw something about USB2 or USB3, my mac only has USB3. 

Please help! Or let me know if this is not going to be possible to solve, so I can get rid of it and find another printer. 

Thanks. 

Narcis

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Narcis_uk

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue. 

To better assist you - 

1.) Is there an antivirus software installed on your Mac? If yes, please try disabling it and check if it works.

2.) Are you using a USB hub?

While you respond to that, please try these steps -

Go to System Information to check the if the USB is detected or not - 

a.) From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.

b.) Click System Report.

c.) Under the Hardware heading on the left side of the System Information window, click USB. USB 3 devices appear under USB 3.0 Bus, and USB 2 devices appear under USB 2.0 Bus. The printer should be under the USB 2.0 Bus.

Also, try these steps - 

• Restart the printer and the Mac: Restarting the computer and the printer can clear possible error conditions.

• Reconnect the cable: Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer.

• Connect to a different USB port: Connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer.

• Disconnect from a USB hub or docking station: If you are using a USB hub or docking station, try connecting the cable directly to the computer.

• Try a different USB cable: Use a different USB cable. HP supports USB cables less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.

• Disconnect other USB devices: If you have several USB-connected devices, such as another printer, the computer might not have sufficient power supplied to the USB ports to detect all of them. Disconnect any other USB devices that are not in use.

Try updating Mac and the printer's firmware -

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It seems to be in USB3. I don't know how to change it. 

HP Recommended

@Narcis_uk

That should be okay. 

Was it working before? Are you able to print from other devices or make a copy? 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can make copies. And I can print from the printer's USB plug that has got at the front of the printer. 

Also, I have managed to print a demo page from the HP Smart app. Pub the queue of documents I try to print from other places is still saying waiting for the printer to become available.

Yes, I was able to print fine, I've had this printer for a few years. It's only in the past few weeks that isn't working. I am on Catalina, not sure this would be one of the problems. (I followed a lot of the threats on this and nothing solved the problem).

I hope the info above is useful and can help solve the problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @Narcis_uk

Let's try updating the Mac and the printer's firmware using these steps -

To update Mac, try these steps - How to update the software on your Mac

To update the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Also, try adding the printer as AirPrint -

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

NOTE: Make sure that the printer Kind is Bonjour or Bonjour Multifunction, or USB.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add. Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Let me know 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for that. None of it worked. 

I have updated all the software and firmware. Still says Waiting for the printer to become available. 

I could AirPrint because I don't get the option in the use-menu. 

What's next?

HP Recommended

@Narcis_uk

I see that this question was asked before but was not answered, do you have an anti-virus program installed on the MAC?

If yes, disable it for a period of time and then try adding the printer as AirPrint.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi There,

I diactivated the Antivirus and tried before, but also try it now again. 

Still not working. 

What's next?

HP Recommended

@Narcis_uk

As we have tried all the necessary troubleshooting steps, I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support in your region for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.