Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

PageWide 2 years old, 9,000 pages print, tank cleaned, print-head cleaning 1 & 2 and alignment done. Showing result after this cleaning:

Print Quality 1.png

Choose to clean manually according to following You Tubes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPmG7Wq9IJ0&feature=youtu.be 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch3_NfABEsE 

The result thereafter is:

Result after manual cleaning.png

The colors are okay, but black shows another problem now, even after another Printhead cleaning 1 + 2 and alignment.

Is there any chance to get this problem solved with another cleaning method or is the printhead black finished now?

I hope for input as I received for the PageWide 577 problem!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello 

As you have already performed the most the troubleshooting that can be performed and the issue is yet not ressolved. it would be better to take the printer for service. 

yes, there is a possiblity that the Air can get into PB( print bar). one could be using a non- HP ink usage as well that can triger this kind of issue, 

I would suggested to contact tha Autherize service provider or HP at  1800-334-5144 or suppport,hp.com 

Thanks 

deepakku 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello, 

if you have already performed the print head cleaning. you can try to perform the Tap 21 and Tap 23 cleaning. this should help. if you dont find any success after performing the Tap test.proceed to Advance cleaning using Advance cleaning kit (you can get from Hp part surfer or part store). 

if you already gone through all the metioned steps. The only option left would be to contact Hp Support for further assistance ( as per warranty ) if warranty is over you should contact Hp Autherize service provider by visit support.hp.com. 

If you need steps to perform the TAP test, Do repond to the post. i wil be glad to share the steps. 

T

Cheers 

Deepak 

HP Recommended

Hello Deepak!

You wrote: If you need steps to perform the TAP test, Do repond to the post. i wil be glad to share the steps. 

Thanks for your respond! And YES, I would love to have your help with TAB 21/23 test. Please describe the steps and the test reading.

Best & Ciao

Bernd

HP Recommended

Hello 

Try to perform the below action and respond if any further concer or help needed.

Pleae access the service menu by tapping the back arraow 4 times ( usally it would be "off"status  on bottom left corner) by tapping the same area.
go to Reports Menu >> Print mech Tap Test >> select ok >> using the arrow to get the desired value (Tap 21 0r Tap 23 ) by seelcting or getting the repespective number >> click Ok

Perform the steps upto 2-3 time if you see a progressive results on first attempt

Note: this process Consume more amount of ink

wish you a great troubleshoointg and keeping the figner cross. 

well wishes

cheers 

deepakku

HP Recommended

Hello Deepak,

unfortunately the 21/23 test did not help. No progressive results, just the same as before. But thank you so much trying to help me.  If you have any more ideas what I can do to get the problem solved, please let me know. Even addresses, email or phone numbers of the HP Support Team for such cases would be helpful.

Best & Ciao...

HP Recommended

Hello Deepak,

again Thank You for leading me to Tab 21/23 cleaning. Even though it did not help, I figured out where PageWide users can find these remedies to solve such a problem if it is caused by ink smudge ( see Google PageWide Pro 352/377, 452/477, and 552/577 Troubleshoot Manual, go to Perform tap tests and interpret results ............................................................................................ 16
10 tap test results (OOBE states) ................................................................................... 16
12 tap test results (REDI sensor values) ........................................................................ 18
61 tap results (Align and color calibrations) .................................................................. 20
909 tap test results (BDD status) ................................................................................... 20

Read carefully and follow all steps finding 21 Tab cleaning etc. In so far we can understand where we are and what we do.

Since this was not helping with my problem having the black printing like bar-codes, I assume that it can only be air in it. Depaak, do you know about air in the printhead and how air can get into? Is it possible that air gets into printhead by cleaning prinhead in the described method shown in the You Tubes? PageWide operators should know that since many of us will end up seeing these You Tubes, following the cleaning method and possibly end up in the same problem.

Possibly somone else know??

Best & Ciao

HP Recommended

Hello 

As you have already performed the most the troubleshooting that can be performed and the issue is yet not ressolved. it would be better to take the printer for service. 

yes, there is a possiblity that the Air can get into PB( print bar). one could be using a non- HP ink usage as well that can triger this kind of issue, 

I would suggested to contact tha Autherize service provider or HP at  1800-334-5144 or suppport,hp.com 

Thanks 

deepakku 

HP Recommended

Thank you so very much Deepak for coming back on this interesting issue with the PageWide 477dw printhead!

I only use OEM ink or toner on machines in my office or at client machines. In so far you notice now, that I am working in the field on HP, Xerox, Riso, Canon or any other machine.

But this printhead issue is new and not new as well. It shows that any attempt to clean the printhead other than with the 3 cleaning options the machine offers and the cleaning pad might be successful or not. So, this is a warning for all PageWide users!

I checked for air in the printhead in the way buy turning the machine upside-down. Logically air would now escape thru the nossles which now are facing up. But this only if the nossles are not clogged. There was no positive result. The question now is: is there any way to unclog the nossles? Lets say by taking the printhead out trying to clean it the wat we often clean the ink-cartridge printheads?

I will now follow your advise and will contact HP hoping that they are willing to discuss a solution. My machine is out of warranty and I am more curious to figure out a remedy and propper instructions on how to operate and treat the complete PageWide model line. I am owing that to my clients and to this community.

Thanks again Deepak!

Ciao...

HP Recommended

Hello 

I will check and trey to share if i have a printer genral maintenace guide for pagewide. 

Thanks 

deepak ku

HP Recommended

I have completed all of the known cleaning protocols for the black printhead and still have streaks...

Please provide instructions for TAP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.