Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Spoiler
When did yo buy yours because I'm on the phone with them again now and they're trying to say that although this is a known issue, that it has been resolved.
HP Recommended

Okay, I guess like with most customer service, it's a matter of reaching the right person. Acknowleding that this issue was a defect that has since been resovled they are taking care of it for me. So keep trying until you get the right person.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issues as well with my 6520. This is beyond frusturating! My significant other needs to print out documents that are urgent.

I have went ahead completing all of the steps I could find when it comes to cleaning and aligning the printer. Unclogging the new cartridges. Still no black coming out at all on the test pages.

The printer is out of warranty. Can someone please send me a private message about fixing this ?

HP Recommended

Hello @tehfuzz,

I see you have completed the troubleshooting steps and the issue continues, my own personal recommendation, not one of HPs, is to use the solution offered in the following video.  I only suggest doing this if the printer is out of warranty; How to fix a HP Printer, not printing black ink and missing colours

Although the printer is out of warranty, if the issue persists, HP may be able to offer you something. Maybe they can offer you a discount on an alternate model. If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

I hope this helps.

If this resolves the issue, please let me know so we can help others who may be experiencing the same issue.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I got really frustrated with the lack of technical support and the fact that the support team would just try and sell me an upgrade at a price that was about the same as I could buy it for on Amazon. So I tore the printer apart trying to fix it myself. What I found once I got the covers off and the print heads out was black ink all over the inside of the printer. I cleaned it up and put it back together, but I never got it working.

I called the tech support number again and bartered with them and got transferred twice to supervisors. I ended up buying an HP ENVY 5660 Wireless printer from them for around $75. They sell for around $100 on Amazon, and the tech support people convinced me that the print cartridges they give with the printer have much more ink than the ones you would get from Amazon. It all sounded like a big sales pitch though.

The new printer works fine, but I'm not happy that they would not stand behind a defective product 3 months out of warranty. When we just bought a new laptop computer, we would not even think of looking at HP's. Ended up buying a ASUS.

HP Recommended

Just wanted to let folks know that I tried cleaning the print head of my black ink cartridge as indicated in the post above and it fixed my problem.  This was a new print cartridge that had the problem, not one that had been installed and not used for a long period of time.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5431920_fix-clogged-ink-ca​rtridges.html

HP Recommended

Did HP support happen to mention what the defect is.  I, too, am having black printing issues as all the rest and if this is a known defect it would be helpful to know what it is.

HP Recommended
HP knows about this problem with 6520 Photosmart printers. After trying all of HP Support suggestions, finally gave them a phone call. They are sending me a new (different model) printer and ink free of charge
HP Recommended

HP knows about this problem. After trying all HP Support suggestions, contacted support via phone. They are sending me a new printer (different model) and ink free of charge even though the warranty on my 6520 is expired. Return of old printer (HP covers shipping) is required once you receive your new printer. Good customer service!

HP Recommended

Same issue. Black ink running low. Replaced with new cartridge. Not printing black. Used tools including clean print heads and align. Shut down printer and restarted. Even returned cartridge for a new one. Stilll not printing black. Printer about 1.5 years old. Solutions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.