Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Spoke to soon. Right back to the same Improper Shutdown messages. Anyone have a suggestion? Extremely frustrating.

HP Recommended

you are great for getting us out of the terrible loop. thanks alot.

HP Recommended

This solution, # 6, really helped me out very much!  Thank you so much for your help, because I thought I would have to buy another printer - and - I just finished buying ink cartriges for this printer.

THIS WAS FANTASTIC for me.  I know others didn't experience the same thing, but it certainly helped me out.

HP Recommended

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much...your suggestions worked.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot,it worked perfect!

HP Recommended

None of the offered suggestions worked for me and now I get a "83C00020" message on the screen with nothing happening.  It is time to purchase a new printer.  Does anyone know where I can sell the new (un-opened) ink carterages for my now non-functioning HP Photosmart C6180 All-in-One printer that i will not?  I just ordered a bunch of them online from HP so unfortunately I have a good amount that I will no longer be using.

I would appreciate any suggestion that anyone has.  Thanks - Huckle-Berry

HP Recommended

I gave up on my printer too...also have many unopened cartridges of ink that I recently purchased...if anyone knows  where to sell the unused cartridges I would appreciate it also.

HP Recommended

Hi
Can you help, I was all set to change 3 capacitors on my logic board HP all-in one C6180 when some helpful person removed the damged ones without noting where each went. I have three spaces C660, C662 and C613 nad three capacitors 2x 330uf 10 v and one 680 uf 10v . Will some one please check their board and tell me which goes where . thankyou

HP Recommended

I have a Officejet 6500A. It keeps on saying improper shutdown. And shut down immediately. Their is no numbers that lights up to reset with the 6 and # even.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.