Level 1
10 7 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP can't use aftermarket toner.

HP Recommended
Dell 3050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, in reference to the on going issue where HP won't allow for after market toners and use a firmware upgrade to block them and unable the printer, I need to replace 14 Pro MFP Printers, what do you recommend?

2 REPLIES 2
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh, I found a solution that worked for a couple of months; reverting back to a June, 2020 firmware upgrade. But, now they seem to be blocking that as well. It no longer works for the CLJ Pro M452mw's I have 4 or the CLJ Pro M180 and M181s, I have 5. So, i will no longer be an HP shop. I need a new brand. 14 printers to start, then a wide format. I no longer want to support HP treating people like this. I've been an HP shop (all HP printers and desktops, quality assurance machine, common area machines) to over 25 years.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,895 16,875 1,325 1,333
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JTMoore

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation