cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
ddobop
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP pushed a firmware update and now my printer does not work

HP Recommended
Color Laser jet pro MFP m281cdw

Good evening, HP pushed a firmware update to my Color Laser Jet Pro M281cdw two days ago, and the printer now restarts constantly, putting a error code 79 on the screen each time.  It restarts so frequently that I am unable to run any type of diagnostics on it, or try to reinstall firmware manually. I am very frustrated at this point with the inability to talk to a customer service representative, since the device is out of warranty.  It seems to have been out of warranty when I bought it from Costco. Any assistance would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
OsSt
Level 5
234 231 12 40
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can try to get the printer off the network. If you have a network cable connected, remove that. 
It sometimes help to stop the 79 error from showing

I`m not a HP technician.
Just a electronics enthusiast .
If i helped, please hit that Kudos button 🙂
If i solved your problem, please mark your thread solved 🙂
0 Kudos
JohnK_TTP
Level 3
28 27 4 6
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THIS BELOW APPEARS TO BE THE CORRECT SOLUTION:

Below are the steps that you need to follow in the order as mentioned ...

Disconnect the printer from the NETWORK
If on wired network : Unplug the Ethernet cable from back of the printer.
If on wireless network : Power of the Wireless router. Turn off the printer.

Wait for 30 seconds. Turn on the printer.

If the printer is in READY state, on the printer front panel, go to Setup -> Network Setup -> Network Services -> IPv6 -> Off. Turn off the printer. Wait for 30 seconds and then turn on.

Try printing , it should work.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation