Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, the printing dialogue box (HP Deskjet 2620) has completely changed and I no longer have an option to print duplex (double sided) and cannot find a fix for it?

Not sure if it's an HP issue or Windows 10 but either way, it's very frustrating so appreciate any help.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Am re-posting in the hope that someone from HP will actually respond

I have been using this printer happily for a while but the dialogue box has completed changed so I am no longer able to print double sided - many options have disappeared?? I spoke with support, Maria, who informed me, this product was never meant to print double-sided?? But, apart from this being one of the main reasons why I purchased it, the User Manual (page 35) clearly states the double sided print option along with all the other usual features that were available. I am astounded that I was lied to and that HP does not appear to want to take any responsibility for the change in the product. I assume it could be because the wrong driver has been made available for this printer but there is no other alternative???

Please look into this issue as a matter of urgency and correct what is clearly an error. I am disappointed with the lack of service I have received.

HP Recommended

@Kincavel

Welcome to the HP support community.

This seems to be a driver issue.

You need not worry, I will assist you and make sure this issue is fixed.

This printer has a manual duplexing option, follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer-related software.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer using HP Smart app

Click here to download 

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20,

Thanks for your message which I have followed.

I have tried printing different types of documents, eg PDF, Excel spreadsheets, Word, PDF downloads and it seems there are now different dialogue boxes depending on what I'm printing but most, without the option to print double sided?

Before, the dialogue box was always the same and I also had the option to print / safe to PDF which has also disappeared?

It seems to me, the Driver is not correct for the printer or the W10 update?

Thanks for trying.

HP Recommended

@Kincavel

This might require remote access to your computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.