Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Inkjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About 2 weeks ago, my roommate was trying to print a bunch of documents on my 3755 that we share among all roommates. The prints were smudged so he wiped the contacts clean in an effort to fix the smudging. Ever since, there is now absolutely NO black ink at all. I understand that you’re not supposed to wipe the contacts. Has this broken my printer? I’ve tried changing the ink cartridge and still no black prints. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting listed all over this website. I’ve tried cleaning and realigning countless times. Does wiping the heads really ruin your printer? Is there anything that can be done or do I have to buy a new printer?

Thanks in advance for responses.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Check the ink cartridge first, touch the printhead to a paper towel do you see a solid black line of ink?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Currently, there is no ink on the cartridge print head. It’s all metal with no trace of ink. The printer is reporting that the cartridge is about 75% full of ink. 

HP Recommended

You have a bad cartridge, how long has the printer been sitting unused?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Maybe a month without any usage at all? I tried other cartridges (which were older) which did have some ink in there but did not work either. Would a new cartridge solve all the issues?

HP Recommended

Most likely.

Inkjets need to be used every 5-7 days to keep the ink in the printheads in a liquid state.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.