Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Desk jet 3735
iOS 9 - 9.3.5

Upgraded BT Home Hub to BT Fibre.  Unable to find/change wireless network settings in Printer (it does NOT have Touch Panal or WPS button.  Followed instructions on previous Posts, do not work!!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@LeysaUK,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

The new WiFi that you have is that a 2.4GHz network or a 5GHz network?

This printer model is compatible only with a 2.4GHz network.

Let's try these steps to connect the printer to the new network:

Step 1: Reset the Printer's network settings

• Reset the printer's previous network settings by pressing and holding the and for 3-5 seconds.

Step 2: Connecting the printer to Wireless Network

• Open a browser
  • Go to https://123.hp.com/
  • Install the HP Smart App
  • From your iOS device, go to WiFI settings and connect the iOS device to the printer's network.
  • Launch the HP Smart App
  • Add the printer by clicking on the '+' sign on the HP Smart App, the printer gets added to the app and the printer icon shows up.
  • Go To > Printer Settings > Advanced Settings on the App, this takes you to the EWS page of the printer
  • Go To Network > Wireless (802.11) > Wireless Set Up Wizard
  • If a website security certificate displays, click Continue/OK to access the EWS page.
  • Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the 'Wireless Set Up Wizard' and your printer gets connected to the network(WiFi light on the printer would be solid).
  • Press and hold the  & 'i' button on the printer to print the network details.
  • Connect your iOS device back to your home WiFi network.
  • Try to print

Let me know if this helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi There.

I got as far as 

'Go To > Printer Settings > Advanced Settings on the App, this takes you to the EWS page of the printer'

I can't find an "EWS" page, what's that?  Under the Advanced settings, the options that I am offered are:

Printing Preferences

Power management

Printer maintenance

General network

Utility

Web Services

Under General Network, I get:

Network summary

Host name

Network Protocols

Proxy Settings

WiFi direct Status

AirPrint Status

Under Network Summary I found Wireless (802.11), but nowhere can I find this 

Wireless (802.11) > Wireless Set Up Wizard

that you refer to.  The Network Summary Page does not appear to offer me anything that I can change/edit, only a Print option.

I already had the HP Smart App installed on the iOS device (an old iPad Mini).  Uninstalling and then Downloading a fresh copy of the App could prove problematic, as Apple no longer supports older models, and it is now impossible for me to update the Operating system past iOS 9.3 (16-bit protocols).  Most Apps in the App store are now only compatible with iOS 11 or later (32-bit protocols),  Catch-22, with Apple trying to force their Customers to ditch hardware that runs fine in favour of newer models.

HP Recommended

@LeysaUK,

EWS stands for Embedded Web Server. The EWS provides access to useful tools, including scanning.

Please refer to the below image if a sample EWS page

Please follow these steps:

• Reset the printer's previous network settings by pressing and holding the and for 3-5 seconds.
  • Open a browser
  • Go to https://123.hp.com/
  • Install the HP Smart App
  • From your iOS device, go to WiFI settings and connect the iOS device to the printer's network.
  • Launch the HP Smart App
  • Add the printer by clicking on the '+' sign on the HP Smart App, the printer gets added to the app and the printer icon shows up.
  • From the HP Smart app Go To > Printer Settings > Advanced Settings on the App, this takes you to the EWS page of the printer.
  • Select 'Wireless' under Network.

• Select 'Wireless Set Up Wizard' under Wireless menu.

​​​​​​​

• This opens up the Wireless set up wizard

• Follow the on-screen instructions, select your network name and password to connect the printer to the network.

Let me know if you need any further help.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I cannot reinstall the HP Smart App, because HP's own web page recognises the older iPad that I use, and comes back with a message "we no longer Support the software for your device" !!

Solution that does work (courtesy of Barton IT here in the UK):

On your older iPad/iPhone, go into Settings, and switch the Wi-Fi connection to the 'Wi-fi Direct' for the Printer (you may need the Printer's Password for this, which is listed on the Printer Information Page).

Open the HP Smart App (hope no-one Unistalled it!).  click on Printer Settings, then under General Setting, click on Printer Information.  Make a note of the IP Address (mine is 192.168.223.1).

Go into your Web Browser (you may get a warning message up about NO Internet connection; ignore this).  In the URL/address bar type in the IP Address.  THIS will then load the Embedded Web Server (EWS) in the Printer onto the Browser.  Then you can click on the WiFi Setup Wizard, and give the Printer the Name (SSID) and Wireless Password/Key for your new Router.  A steady blue Wi-Fi light on the Printer will show it has sucessfully connected.

Don't forget to switch the iPad/iPhone Settings back to your WiFi Router, and the HP Smart App back to printing via the Network.

Hope this helps others who are stuck using older Apple hardware which works fine but is no longer Supported by Apple (because they want you to go out and spend hundreds of pounds on their latest products, grr!)

HP Recommended

@LeysaUK,

Great to hear that you are able to connect the printer back to the network.

And thank you for sharing the steps that worked for you.

If you do need any further assistance, please feel free to reach us back.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.