Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am working remote and had to leave before my cartridges arrived, so had to purchase HP cartridges here. Now my printer is telling g me the cartridges are not an HP ink cartridge. Is there any way to bypass this? I have a ginormous job to print by in the morning. UGH

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@koeyhorse,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Ink Cartridge issues with the HP Printer gets error. I apologize for the Inconvenience.   

I have a few recommendations 

• If you have enrolled for HP Instant Ink you can still use regular Ink Cartridges. 
  • Make sure it is the original HP Ink Cartridge or check if it was refilled at a store.
  • May I know the exact model of the printer to assist better in this issue?
  • Is the Printer moved from one location to another country? 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding. My printer is an all-in-one #4652. I hope these are genuine HP cartridges as I purchased them here in AL at a small mom and pop electronics store which was the only option for many miles. I ended up have to pay the same people a ton to make print the job I so desperately needed. I have another print job waiting for me to finish the documentation that will need this printer to do.

Karen

HP Recommended

Hello again; I tried printing using the color cartridge since it had ink still available, but the printer didn't want to do that either.

How did I get the laptop and my printer to talk to each other ab out accepting these cartridges?

That is the question of my day. lol

Oh and no I haven t left the states yet. Just went from mid central to Eastern Standard Time zone.

Thanks again, Karen

HP Recommended

Hi@koeyhorse,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

You can resolve this problem by resetting your HP printer's internal memory: Remove the new ink cartridge and reload the old ink cartridge back into the printer. Wait for about 10 minutes before you proceed to the next step. Remove the old ink cartridge and install the new ink cartridge again.

To override HP ink cartridge error, remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge 2-3 times until it firmly seats in the slot. Then turn off the printer and remove all cartridges. Gently, with a dry lint-free cloth, wipe the contacts on the cartridge and carriage to remove any dirt or residue.

If one or more cartridges is still not recognized then the microchip on the cartridge may be faulty or may not be making a firm contact with the printers terminals. If this is the case remove the offending cartridges and check if the printer terminals are clean and not damaged.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.