Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP PSC 2410
macOS 10.14 Mojave

There is a warning in my HP 2410 Printer:

Remove and check color cartridge

Maybe no ink left? 

How can I still use it as a scanner if there s no ink? The LEDs are all flashing, but doesn't let me choose the SCAN button.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@gyhkhlh

HP Printer is designed in such a way that with empty cartridge or without the cartridge, the printer will normally not function

You could try using the HP Scanning Apps and check if you are able to scan without the cartridges through the HP Scanning Apps

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04788799 for more information on HP Smart App and HP Easy Scan

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I can use HP scanner to scan files on my iPhone (although worse quality), and do not need the printer at all.

Don't know I should still keep the printer or not.

HP Recommended

@gyhkhlh

Thanks for keeping me posted.

If you wish you could check for a printer upgrade. I suggest you contact HP Support for more details

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue. 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

After inputing the serial number of my printer to the link, the directing to the next page took forever, and the website somewhat stopped working.

Guess the printer is too old and the serial number is out of the warrantee time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.