Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
4650 All in one
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I was on the free instant ink plan (15 pages per month). I temporarily changed to the $2.99 plan since I'm printing extra pages this month. I see a message that says I have "3 FREE months remaining". Does this mean that, 3 months from now, I will no longer have the option to get the 15 pages per month plan for free? How much will the 15 pages per month plan cost? 

Instant_Ink-Free_months.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @KazuT

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

That's correct, you'll not be billed as you are in the free trial. 

When you are enrolled in the 15-page free plan, you will not be charged anything unless you print more than 15 pages and ink will be shipped to you when low ink level is detected. You can be a part of this plan as long as you are enrolled in Instant Ink. So, this plan is free as long as you have the printer or as long as you are enrolled in Instant Ink. 

The 3 FREE months is valid only until Jun and after that, you'll be charged $2.99 per month. 

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So, for Instant Ink, there are currently no more affordable options than the $2.99/month plan? $2.99 is a pretty good deal (about $36/year); but since I usually don't print more than 10 pages per month, it'd be wonderful if there was a tier below that. Are there plans for there to be a tier below $2.99/month? 

HP Recommended

@KazuT

I'm afraid there are no options below $2.99, except for the 15-page free plan. 

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So, the 15-page free plan is only available for a limited number of months? 

HP Recommended

@KazuT

15-page free plan is for as long as you are enrolled in the Instant Ink. 

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So, if I run low on ink with the 15 page free plan, HP will send me ink for free? Or how much is it when they ship new ink?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.