cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How to change regional settings on deskjet 2131 - printer bought in India, now in Netherlands

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2131

Hi, I had bought HP Deskjet 2131 in India. Now I have moved to Netherlands. I need to replace the cartridge. I bought cartridge 302 (which is the compatible one for 2131 in Netherlands). However, my printer doesn't recognize it since it is still configured for India and the compatible cartridge in India is 803. I need to change the regional settings in my printer from India to Netherlands so that it can work with the new 302 cartridge. Pls advise how to change the regional settings in my printer.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,426 1,681
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Sid03

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the regional reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Asmita, thanks for your advice..I am nearly there - could you please help me with the 'reset code provided by support personnel' that I have to enter on the 'Reset device region' window..

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation