Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser MFP 178nw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi!

I've bought yesterday my new printer HP HP Color Laser MFP 178nw. All is perfect except that I can't print any envelope ( size 110mmx220mm).

It doesn't work!

(With my old HP2620 (Deskjet) all was good)

I use WORD 2019 for that. and my Operating System is BIG SUR 11.0.1 ( not possible to put the ref. OS here over )

When I try to put an envelope in the paper tank it is OK but when this envelope goes out from the printer it is all crumpled and nothing is writen on it. I've change anything on my file with my registered envelope.

Does somebody have an idea to help me?

Thanks for your answers

GGERARD01

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

nobody to help me?

Thanks

GGERARD01

HP Recommended

@GGERARD01, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

According to the printer specifications, this printer does not support envelopes. You may refer to the paper-handling section to check the support paper types and paper size.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar0307,

thanks for your answer but I'm nery esthonish with it.

In the printer specifications and explanations, HP shows how to print envelopes! But that doesn't work

See here under.

GGERARD01

Envelope.png

HP Recommended

@GGERARD01

The document that you have attached is a general document and not specific to this printer. This printer does not support envelope printing as mentioned in my previous post.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.