cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Solved!

I am requesting for my region reset code

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi. I need help ASAP. I bought my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 printer from the Middle East and now i am using it from the Philippines. I'm having a hard time of buying the original 650 ink cartridge. And i searched that i am able to use the compatible ink cartridge 678. But it says the cartridge is not compatible. I searched again and turns out i need a request for Regionalization Reset to be able to use the compatible ink cartridge. Please help me fix it. Where can i get the region code of my HP printer?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,046 5,990 648 1,531
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to contact hp technical support to get the code to change it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How can i contact the Technical Support of Hp? Can someone give their email add? They're not responding to my emails. Idk if that is their real email address. I need the regional reset code ASAP. I hope you understand.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,046 5,990 648 1,531
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you gone to the support website and opened a case that way? 

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/contact-hp 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I already got my case number 2 months ago. But they didn't take an action yet. Is that normal? Is there any other way to change the regional code of my printer to be able to use the alternative ink cartridge? Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,999 23,889 1,319 1,405
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@callme_anj

Welcome to the HP support community.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer.

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
40 27 2 6
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you do a complete uninstall and then re-install, the installation proce4ss will ask you your region. (I always say "Australia" to avoid any blocking of non-OEM cartridges.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sandytechy20

I've met the following conditions you gave me. Can you tell me the next steps? I'm glad you replied. Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
40 27 2 6
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you followed the install process to its completion, then open "Control Panel" and clic on "Devices and Printers". If the printer shows up there, then it's installed and usable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Enduser1 

the problem is it says that the ink is incompatible ink cartridges whenever i tried to print. so i need the reset code to use the alternative cartridges

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation