cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I get a Waiting for printer to become available message

HP Recommended
Deskjet 1510
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi, every time I try to print files from my Mac Book 16" Pro to my HP Deskjet 1050 (USB-3 connected), I get a "Waiting for printer to become available" message, and it just stalls there.  I've tried everything.  Uninstalling and reinstalling.  Resetting the printer.  Restarting the computer.  And lots of other things.  Nothing works.  

But if I try to print a test page from HP Utility, it works. Any help would be enormously appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,774 5,745 342 379
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @leapfrogger23

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the connectivity issue. 

To better assist you - 

1.Is there any antivirus software installed on your Mac? If yes, please try disabling it and check if it works.

2. Are you using a USB hub?

While you respond to that, go to System Information to check if the USB is detected or not - 

a.) From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.

b.) Click System Report.

c.) Under the Hardware heading on the left side of the System Information window, click USB. USB 3 devices appear under USB 3.0 Bus, and USB 2 devices appear under USB 2.0 Bus. The printer should be under the USB 2.0 Bus.

If the device is not detected, it may not be receiving enough power or it may be blocked by internet security software. You may also try other ports on the hub/computer or a different cable.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation