Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am trying to print a 7in x 5in photo from my Photo Library. but my drop down box does not give me the option on 7x5 only 6x4 and A4, it does not let me choose 7x5. i can select A4 then underneath choose 7x5 but it is only a small image.

please can anyone help me?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @AJGinge,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! I read your post about the photo printing issue on your Envy printer. I am happy to look into this issue for you 🙂

Going through your post, it looks like an issue with the printer print settings on your PC causing the issue. While feeding the photo paper to the photo, you need to keep “Glossy” or print side facing down. Also, it is important to change the print settings before you print a photo. Check the settings mentioned below:

1. Go to control panel - Devices and printers
  2. Right-click on your Envy and choose the "Printing preferences" option.
  3. Now, go to paper quality / layout tab and make sure the paper type is selected as "Photo paper".
  4. Also, select the correct paper size and save the settings.

Now, follow the steps mentioned to print the photo:

• Open the picture using “Windows Photo Viewer” (You can right-click on the image and go to “Open with” to select the windows photo viewer app)
  • Change the paper size appropriately.
  • Also, change the paper type to “photo paper” before printing.

You can check detailed instructions here: http://hp.care/2enTQLv

Alternatively, you can try to create a customer paper size and then try to print and check if that helps: HP Printers - Creating Custom Paper Sizes

Could you please respond to this post with the details of the product and with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance. 

If you find trouble finding the product number, please use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.