Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Pro 6455 All-in-One Printer

I have a HP Envy 6455 that came without SETUP cartridges.  I tried getting replacement cartridges from the site - the agents were not helpful. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @yder,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP Envy 6455 printer did not come with setup cartridges, you may need to purchase ink cartridges separately. Here are some steps you can take to get replacement cartridges.

• Check Compatible Cartridges: Ensure that you're purchasing cartridges that are compatible with the HP Envy 6455 printer model. HP Envy printers typically use HP 67 or HP 67XL ink cartridges. Make sure to double-check your printer's manual or specifications to confirm the correct cartridge model.
  • Purchase from HP's Official Website: You can buy replacement cartridges directly from HP's official website. Visit the HP website, navigate to the section for printers and supplies, and search for cartridges compatible with your printer model.
  • Purchase from Authorized Retailers: Many authorized retailers sell genuine HP ink cartridges. You can check with local electronics stores, office supply stores.
  • Consider HP Instant Ink: HP offers a subscription service called HP Instant Ink, which automatically delivers ink to your door before you run out. It's a convenient option if you regularly use your printer and want to ensure you never run out of ink. You can sign up for HP Instant Ink on the HP website.

When purchasing replacement cartridges, make sure to choose genuine HP cartridges to ensure compatibility and optimal performance with your HP Envy 6455 printer. Using third-party or refilled cartridges may void your printer's warranty and could potentially damage your printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

As evidenced by other replies- the envy 6000 needs special SETUP cartridges to be SETUP. I could not find them on the website- in other answers employees have evidently pm’d a workaround. Without one or the other the printer doesn’t work!

HP Recommended

Hi @yder,

Thank you for your response, 

This needs one-on-one interaction hence I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.