Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Plus 4120
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi.

My printer is printing blank pages only. The first time I tried to print something, the document was okay. However, now I am getting blank pages only, no matter what I print. It's interesting because every time I try to print 3 times, my printer gives me a wireless quick start guide, and this start guide is not blank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I cannot print and I cannot wait anymore.

I want a refund. How can I do that?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Goro_9,

I'd like to help!

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page

1. Open HP Smart and select your printer.

2. Click Printer Reports, or click Tools and then click Printer Reports.

The list of reports displays.

3. Select Print Quality Report.

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix the " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable for your printer -  Print Quality Issues

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi.

I am using OpenOffice for printing. I tried to print from a notepad, but I couldn't.

I don't print using the WiFi, I print using the cable. The first time I tried to print I could, even though I was using a USB cable. But after printing some documents I only got blank pages.

HP Recommended

Does the copy print out the blank as well?

Were you able to print the Print Quality Diagnostic page?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

I am getting blank pages. The only time I don't get blank pages is when I print the printer info and the guide.

HP Recommended

Follow the below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing in color.

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know-how. Try printing.

Hope this helps, keep me posted!

HP Recommended

I used the scan doctor but it didn't work. I don't think there's an issue with the installation, as I have the printer installed. As I said, I am getting blank pages only, so there should be another problem, maybe with the software of the printer, because I have seen a lot of people commeting the same problem I have. My printer also appears in the list of printers when I want to print something: in OpenOffice when I click on the "print" button, my printer appears there. Every time I start the printing, I only get a blank page. I forgot to say that I checked the list of the documents I wanted to print -through an option of the DeskJet app-, I can see the names of all my documents in a queue. However, every time I restart my documents from there, nothing happens. What does this mean? Is there anything wrong with the queue?

HP Recommended

Could try the above-suggested steps-

Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know-how. Try printing.

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

It didn't work. My printer appears in the list of devices and printers, as I said yesterday. I followed the steps, but I still can't print. I think there's another issue has nothing to do with the installation, because there's a queue in which all my documents I want to print appear, in the app of the printer. So the documents are sent to the printer, but nothing happens. And this means that my PC detects my printer. But as I said, I still can't print

HP Recommended

I cannot print and I cannot wait anymore.

I want a refund. How can I do that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.