Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP2633
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP2633 is printing with incorrect print margins. I have tried printing from Word and PDF. I have checked the paper size and margins in all software and printing preferences and all are set as A4 (which is what I want). The paper is in the printer tray correctly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. This is really frustrating as it was printing with the correct margins until recently. I haven't changed any settings. For personal printing this is no big deal as the print quality is good but for my college work it looks unprofessiional and seems like I don't know how to set the margins in the software I'm using. Everything is printing too far to the left so in a document with equal margins on left & right - the left margin is printing at half the size of the right. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SineadTherese 

@SineadTherese wrote:

My HP2633 is printing with incorrect print margins. I have tried printing from Word and PDF. I have checked the paper size and margins in all software and printing preferences and all are set as A4 (which is what I want). The paper is in the printer tray correctly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. This is really frustrating as it was printing with the correct margins until recently. I haven't changed any settings. For personal printing this is no big deal as the print quality is good but for my college work it looks unprofessiional and seems like I don't know how to set the margins in the software I'm using. Everything is printing too far to the left so in a document with equal margins on left & right - the left margin is printing at half the size of the right. Any suggestions?

I do not know what is causing the change; I can offer nothing that is guaranteed.

If the printer has passed the Troubleshooting and prints a diagnostic page correctly, the issue might be corrected by checking / adjusting the "gutter".  The gutter is normally used in booklet printing; the setting changes the left / right side margins to allow for the "binding" edge.

For example:

Word document > File > Print > Page Setup > Tab Margins >

Under section Pages - Multiple Pages > select Bookfold >

Adjust Gutter size as desired

Once the gutter is set / adjusted in Word, the margin adjustment carries through when / if the document is saved to PDF.

Understanding the Gutter Margin

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP DeskJet 2633 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks Dragon- Fur for your help.

I adjusted the gutter margin  but found that I still had to adjust the margin on the other side of the page also. I can get documents to look like they have equal margins but this is really just addressing the symptoms rather than curing the problem.

So as a short term solution this is fine but I would prefer to have the issue resolved as it is affecting every print-out not just Word (text) documents so jpegs etc. are also printing off-centre...

HP Recommended

@SineadTherese 

You are welcome.

Yes, it would be superior to uncover and fix the underlying issue.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi, I got the same problem recently and took me a while to solve with my HP 1115 Deskjet. 

To solve this I open control panel > printer > right click the printer > Printer properties > paper size is still on "letter" size, so i change it to A4 and solve my margin printing problem. 

Hope this will work for you too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.