cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Wonderer99
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Ink runs out quickly and also saying I have printed more than I have?

HP Recommended
Envy 5030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

So another day another issue (this will be the third one since I got the printer less than a week ago)

So I had my first Instantink cartridges delivered yesterday and the colour is already less than half. The official site says I printed 14 pages yesterday and 25 today. The 14 is probably correct but there is no way today (the 10th) I have printed 25 pages, maybe 4 or 5 at most.  So whats happening here?

Also suppose I had printed a total of 39 prints, is that enough to have taken the colour ink down to less than half full? The only thing that has been printed is 6x4 colour photos on glossy paper. 

I couldnt print for three days before the ink delivery yesterday as I was waiting for ink as it had run out. I really thought instantink sounded like a good idea but it seems I will be spending more time waiting around for 15 cartridges a month (at this print rate) than actually working.

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,349
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wonderer99,

Let me explain you how page count works:

The page count is how many pages you print in a month. Page count is not affected by how much ink is used or the type of printout. Each paper printed on, regardless of paper type (document or photo paper), counts as one page. A double-sided page is considered two pages.

The number of printer pages listed on your HP Instant Ink Account summary does not match the actual number of pages you have printed for the billing cycle. HP Instant Ink page counts are not recorded in real time. As long as your printer is connected to the Internet and has Web Services turned on, printed pages are automatically recorded approximately once per day and display in your Print History on the date they were recorded. Any pages you print when the printer is not connected to the Internet are recorded on the date the printer is reconnected to the Internet. Sign in to your HP Instant Ink account to update your page count.

Let's try to print couple of pages and then try to check for the page count. 

I have found a wonderful document which should help you with this issue: HP Instant Ink - Page Count Is Not the Same as Actual Pages Printed

Here's the tracking number  VC799608181GB and here's the website: https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/tracking-results/VC799608181GB

Please let me know if you have received the Instant ink cartridges or not. 

If you have received them, please go ahead and install them and check if that works.

Keep me posted for further assistance!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation