Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-21-2021 07:38 AM
I recently purchased an HP Envy Photo 7134 and I'm having some issues printing photos.
I used the Everyday Photo Glossy paper pack that came included (10x15cm), but when I try to print from the HP Smart app on my PC, the right side of the image gets 'cut off' and leaves a blank space on the photo - not ideal.
I have tried various settings in the app, but with no luck. This led me to try and print from outside the app, which works perfectly except for the fact that photos come out too red. Quality is better and the entire paper gets printed on, but I don't understand why the prints are too red.
When choosing paper type I choose HP Photo Paper, which I think might be the issue. In the app I had the option of choosing 'HP Everyday Glossy' as paper type, but this option is lost outside the app. Not really sure what to do at this point..
09-21-2021 09:57 AM
Welcome to the HP Community.
What the printer can do:
Printer supports what you are doing, I think.
A couple of suggestions
- Install the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software
- Re-check the settings in the HP Smart Windows application
The printer accommodates Borderless printing - and should do so on 4x6 inch paper.
The Crop / Fit option might be changing the result. (See example later in this message)
The full driver provides the foundation on which other programs and printing software depend.
If you have not done so,
Inaddition to the HP Smart application,
Install the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software for the printer.
HP Smart and other print software / applications benefit from having the full driver installed.
If the full driver printer software is installed, you will see the printer listed inControl Panel > icon view > Programs and Features.
The installation of the printer software adds two shortcut icons to theDesktop.
ThePrinter Assistant is named for the printer and provides access to Print , Scan , and Tools
HP Scanis named for itself and provides a direct call to the HP Scan software.
NOTE: If the printer software
Uninstallthe printer software from Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features
Restartthe computer and log in
Reminder: If using USB, disconnect the USB printer cable between the printer and the computer before installing software. (Re)Connect the USB cable when instructed to do so near the end of the installation procedure.
Installa fresh copy of the Full Feature Software / Full Driver printer software
Restartthe computer and log in
Use the Easy Start wrapper to install and configure the printer software.
- Home Page - HP Easy Start
- Open Category Software and Drivers
- Topic: Software-Utility
- Download-and-Save the current version of the Easy Start wrapper to install your print software
- If using USB: Disconnect the USB cable between the printer and computer before installing the software.
- Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation
- When asked, Select to install the “Full Driver” / “Full Feature Software”
- If using USB: Connect the cable when instructed to do so (near the end of the installation process).
- After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in.
Notes >> Easy Start... The Journey
- Full Administrator Rights are required to complete the HP Software installation.
- About 2/3 of the way through the setup, you will be given the opportunity to select the software - select the "Full Driver" set (as opposed to the basic driver or other application).
- You can skip / ignore suggestion(s) that you add the HP Account – you’ll need the account at some point, for now, you can skip this suggestion (as many times as it insists it’s a good idea) during the full driver software installation.
- If you see it, you can skip / ignore suggestion(s) regarding Instant Ink subscription. Instant Ink subscription is NOT mandatory.
- Full driver includes print and scan functions supported by your printer and provides the printer features on which other applications / software might depend.
Example - HP Smart Windows - Simple Photo Print - 4x6 inch - Borderless
Just FYI: HP Smart supports Scan Photos > with an Import option so you can upload a previously saved image file and Edit that image before Share / Save / Print. Nice feature.
Irfanview > Brilliant Free Photo Viewing, Editing, and Print Software
Irfanview provides an exceptional software experience that can be used for a variety of scan and print tasks, including the “Mirror” or horizontal flip function plus several other options not found elsewhere.
Software includes Color adjustments of several types.
- Create a Restore Point (optional, recommended)
- Download the appropriate version (32bit or 64bit) of the program from the Website and install the program
- Additional information at the website, including: FAQ
- Both 32bit and 64bit versions for Windows are available.
- Irfanview is also available as an Windows 10 Application from the Microsoft Store
Software and All Plugins for 64bit version: https://www.fosshub.com/IrfanView.html
Includes Plugin for creating Multiple-page PDF files for images (Poster or large paper printing)
Includes access (where available) to Scan with HP Twain > Adjust settings > Save
How to find Help within the Irfanview software
Once installed, open the software > tab Help
Example - Irfanview - Print - Color Correction
References / Resources
If you have not done so,
HINT: Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software
NOTE: Adobe Reader DC software can be installed even if you do not normally open / view / print PDF files directly from the Adobe Reader DC software.
HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store
Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer.
Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App
OR Open and Read >>> HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)
Disconnect from Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection before downloading.
- HP Smart requires that you sign into the application using your HP Account credentials.
- HP Smart benefits (likes) having the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software installed. For example, full driver provides access to Shortcuts and Printing Preferences.
- Document includes the HP Smart application download links for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues.
- FAQ examples:
- What are the requirements to use the HP Smart app?
- Which printers are compatible with the HP Smart app?
- Why do I need to sign in or create an account to use the HP Smart app features?
- Older versions of the HP Smart app no longer support the login feature.
- FAQ examples:
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"