cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
1slyone2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Keep getting "error code OXB83885F8.

HP Recommended
Example: Office Jet 5258

Keep getting "error code OXB83885F8 on my Desk Jet 5258 printer. It won't clear unless I unplug it. What is that error code and is there a permanent fix? Thanks,  I appreciate the help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,808 24,764 1,150 1,185
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@1slyone2

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand you are receiving a "0XB" error on the printer screen.

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue To restore the printer to the original factory defaults

• 1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, swipe left to see ( Setup ) and touch ( Setup ).
  • 2. Touch Tools, touch Restore Factory Defaults, and then follow the onscreen instructions

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say Thanks” for helping

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 person found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@1slyone2

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand you are receiving a "0XB" error on the printer screen.

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue To restore the printer to the original factory defaults

• 1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, swipe left to see ( Setup ) and touch ( Setup ).
  • 2. Touch Tools, touch Restore Factory Defaults, and then follow the onscreen instructions

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say Thanks” for helping

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 person found this reply helpful
1slyone2
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the solution for my Desk Jet 5258 error code. It no longer is giving the error code OXB83885F8, and is working perfectly. 

Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@1slyone2

Thank you for posting back. 

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation