cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Low memory issue, with complications

HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro M452nw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

1. Product Name and Number: Color LaserJet Pro M452nw
2. Operating System installed: macOS 10.12 Sierra
3. Error message: Memory low. Job cancelled.
4. Things I have tried to fix it:

I was wirelessly printing before. I tried wiring printer to computer. Will not work.

I tried adding printer by IPv4 address. My Configuration Report says "waiting for a wireless connection". Will not work.

I tried updating firmware, current firmware is 20160921. The firmware updater can't find the printer, even with a wired connection.

I really have no other ideas on how to fix this. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,346 29,068 5,038 11,481
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the below utility and check if it may find your printer to update its firmware:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/FW_CPE_Commercial/M452dn_nw/HP_LaserJet_M452dn_nw_FW_20200...

If it fails to detect your printer,  try updating it from its Control Panel and check for any difference then:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m452-series/7326532/model/7326535/documen...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there! Right after I posted, the Firmware updater managed to find the printer. I printed a Configuration Report and confirmed that the firmware is up to date.

I also did Restore Defaults on the printer. It has rebooted twice. It still gives me "low memory. job cancelled" and will not print the job.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,346 29,068 5,038 11,481
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information.

Please also make sure your Mac is up to date, and what is your exact driver type used? e.g. AirPrint, Secure Airprint, or an HP Driver?

Follow HP Easy start to ensure the latest HP Drivers are installed, then check for any difference:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

If the same persists, also give it a try by adding the printer and selecting AirPrint within the Use drop-down menu of the Add Printer dialog under System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation