Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Again, I can't agree more regarding the risks that needs to be evaluated and considered by each one. In my case, the printer is for personal usage, on a small network with no real confidentiality challenges. On a corporate network, I would recommend to use the printer on usb only to reduce the risk. This sharing is intended to help people meanwhile hp will wake up and react to this mess.

HP Recommended

for me Ready to download changes to Downloading and its stuck... 😞

HP Recommended

Hi , 

this is caroline,

here is a solution for that any problem visit https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/MFP-M130fw-firmware-2021121...

Caroline
HP Recommended

OK,

Here is the offcial post from HP support staff in Chinese Community.

https://h30471.www3.hp.com/t5/da-yin-ji-shi-yong-xiang-guan-wen-ti/HP-de132nw-ping-mu-xian-shiReady-... 

He post a repair tool in Baidu, but Baidu is hard to access outside of China, so I upload it to dropbox as bellow

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avtbobgimc1u1pd/M132_Repair_Firmware.zip?dl=0 

How to use this repair tool.

1. Connect your printer via USB cable.

2. Extract repair tool to your hard disk

3. Drag the RFU file to USBsend.exe, and your printer will start update.

4. After update complete. Printer will restart automatically, and print out configure page. The printer maybe restart twice, just wait printer become to ready.

If you have multi USB printer connected to your computer, you have to select correct USB device to update.

HP's USB vendor ID is 03f0, and I think m130's pid is 0617

Snap545.png

If this method can not solve your problem, maybe you have to contect local repair center.

BTW you may use this method to recovery printer by your own risk. If you are not rush to use your printer, just wait offcial tool from HP.

HP Recommended

Can any HP personnel please provide us with the latest functional firmware for HP LaserJet Pro MFP 130fw?

We urgently need any help to get the devices back to life. The firmware HP provided in December 2021 bricked the devices.

HP Recommended

Worked for me, even it's a firmware from an "untrusted" source. Thx!

HP Recommended

tool saved me thank you so very much... 

HP Recommended

I successfully executed this "fix" and my printer is back and working perfectly.  However, before I used these files I ran them through a virus scanner on my Linux box and then again in Windows using "Windows Defender".  In both cases they checked out OK so I went ahead and execute the files as described.  The firmware download, erase, and programming, went as described in earlier posts.  Once it had completed, the printer restarted itself and initialized. However, I had to remove the printer and reinstall it to get Windows to recognize it again, but once reinstalled it everything worked perfectly, including the scanner.

HP Recommended

Finally someone that solved it.

I knew I needed this version of firmware that was the last that was working properly and HP has removed it from everywhere.

Thank god you kept it.

You saved me from buying a new one.

HP doesn't care about the corrupted FW? Only for future sales?

My infinite Congrats and thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.