Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When making copies on printer, the output in only in color.  Could be all red, yellow etc.  Cannot choose black.  When printing from the computer, output is good.  Prints black or as directed.  Scan to computer instead of copy and the output can be black.  Also when trying to make a copy it sounds like the printer is trying to scan a photo and when it does start printing, it sounds like it is printing a photo,  printing slow.    Printing from the computer, it prints fast.  

I have done all the suggested fixes as unplug, check settings for output etc.  No help.  Finally gave up and only scan to computer and then print but that takes extra time.    

Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GranDC

Welcome to the HP support community.

Change copy settings

1. Touch Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo on the printer control panel, and then select any available basic settings that apply to your copy job.

2. Touch Settings or the gear icon  to open the copy job options. You might need to scroll down the control panel screen to access all settings.

• Paper Type: Select the type of plain or photo paper for your copies.

• Quality: Select an available copy quality level.

• Lighter/Darker or Contrast: If the original is faded or too saturated, make the copy lighter or darker.

• Optimize or Enhancements: Select the type of item you are copying to improve quality, such as sharpening text and image edges or improving faded colors in photos.

• HP Copy Fix: Automatic copy quality and skew adjustment tool.

• Save Current Settings or Set as New Defaults: Retains the selected settings for future copy jobs.

3. Depending on the printer, touch Start, or return to the main Copy screen by touching Back, and then touch Start Black, Start Color, or OK to start the copy job.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.