Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Laser MFP 135r
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Laser MFP 135r and when I set a specific margin setting in Word  (portrait) the paper comes out with bigger margins than I set, especially the top and the bottom ones. Even if I change it to smaller margins when printed it still comes out wrong. I don't think it's from Word, but from the printer's settings which I don't know how to access. Please, could you help me?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@elena_williams7 

Edit - Correct sloppy grammar

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to vermin who post phone numbers or email addresses.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

Not sure whether I can offer anything you don't already know.

Caveat:  I know something of printing from Word and in Windows - I know next to nothing about the vagaries of Laser printers.  The following might be useful or it might be a colossal waste of your time.

If you have not already done so,

Install the Full Solution Software

HP Laser MFP 130 Printer series Full Solution Software and Drivers 

NOTES

If using USB, disconnect the USB cable between the printer and the computer before starting the installation.  Connect the cable when instructed to do so (toward the end of the installation procedure).

Where Supported:

Both the HP Smart Application and the Full Solution Software can be installed on the same computer – when available, the Full Solution Software should be installed first (and the computer should be restarted).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The printer does enforce the following margins:

Print Margin Bottom (A4)5 mm.19 in
Print Margin Left (A4)5 mm 
Print Margin Right (A4)5 mm 
Print Margin Top (A4)5 mm 

5 mm / 2. inch is not a large margin but it is a little larger than some OfficeJet Pro inkjet models can handle.

You might be getting into trouble with Word Header and Footer settings - make sure these are inside your print space.

Incorrect Header / Footer settings might normally print incorrectly (cut off) or simply refuse  - it is worth a quick check.

What else?

Set the margins in the document 1mm larger than the minimum and test printing a single page of the document.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Laser MFP 135r 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.