cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
VanSan
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Solved!

My HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 won't print in color. I'm using the cartridges that came with the printer.

HP Recommended

I am using a Mac OS X 10.6.8

I had hoped to connect them wirelessly but it wasn't the priority.  What I need was a dependable printer.  I've tried several times to get it to print in color and it only seems to work when I run a test page from the printer itself.  The diagnostics page is 100% correct.

Not sure what to do...

V

8 REPLIES 8
sthirugn
Level 4
59 58 7 20
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the grayscale option selected in the printer driver?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (Thumbs up) button in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
sthirugn
Level 4
59 58 7 20
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Happy that my suggestion was able to help you to resolve the issue. Thanks for the kudos and marking the issue as resolved.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (Thumbs up) button in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Casper72
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I checked everything I could, including the print driver settings.  Everything is set for color printing.  However, it's still not printing color.  I installed the Basic driver package.  It should still print in color, shouldn't it?

0 Kudos
Kimiko1
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't get the printer to print in color. I put in the ink that came with the printer. I just installed it 30 minutes ago. Help!!!

0 Kudos
Kimiko1
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

where do I find the greyscale?

0 Kudos
Cordova_crew
2 2 0 1
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you get an answer to this? 

0 Kudos
Cordova_crew
2 2 0 1
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where is the grayscale option? I can't find this.

BradDuBow
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't print in color  HP8710,  Mac

I have no idea how to adjust the "grayscale"? / color?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation