Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy4527

I’ve tried everything that the virtual person said to try and correct my problem, I even baffled that!!! My printer is connected to my WiFi the same as my iPad and iPhone, when I request to print anything(mainly recipes etc) my printer is listed as status On and everything else as Enabled. It still will not print unless I pull the plug out and restart it, even them it’s only able to print 1 item immediately then it becomes as not being recognised again although it says it’s name etc is there!!! I’m wondering if I should just throw it away and buy a new one. Help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Smartiepants64,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

Please provide the below information to assist you with an accurate resolution.

• The WiFi Router that you have, is that a dual-band Router(Router that has 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks)?
    • If it's a dual-band, do they have the same name for the 2.4GHz and 5Ghz networks?
  • How far is the Router in relation to the printer?
  • Do you use any WiFi extenders?

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I’ve got both on my router, it says they’re both concurrent

Its 9ft away from printer in the same room

I don’t see any WiFi extenders either.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Smartiepants64,

I think that could be the issue. If both the networks have the same name then there could be some connectivity issue.

The printer is compatible only with the 2.4GHz network. You can check the specifications from this link

Try these steps:

Differentiate the 2 networks by providing different names for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network.

Connect the printer to the 2.4GHz network. This way the printer would have a stable connection with your WIFi Router.

Also, update the printer firmware.

• Refer to this link to update the printer firmware.

Let me know if this information helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.