Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought an HP Envy Photo 6255 printer.  It arrived without any cartridges.  I called HP and the representative said they would send me some cartridges but could only send regular cartridges, not setup cartridges.  They arrived today and i inserted them in the printer.  But I got the same message as before, "Use Setup cartridges that came with your printer."   The representative who sent the cartridges told me this might happen and said I should call back for help with bypassing this message.  I tried that today but no  one is answering so I thought I'd ask here for help with this.  Can you tell me what I need to do?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Jerry8248

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the steps to bypass the setup ink message which is specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Only regular cartridges were sent no set up included. How do I bypass this?

HP Recommended

Hi @jacs_77

I have sent you a private message with the steps to bypass the setup ink message which is specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I asked the same question about 24 hours ago and I still haven't received a response, I could really use some help

HP Recommended

@Amazinglycece

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. Can you please help?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I have the classic bad news/good news about this.  The bad news is that nothing that anyone suggested helped in any way to get my printer working.  The final resolution came only after I had a very long phone session with the HP support staff.  We tried every option available to get the printer working and eventually decided it could not be done.  Therefore, the tech who was trying to assist me arranged for me to ship the printer back to HP and HP sent me a replacement printer, which included the necessary startup cartridges.   The good news is that I was able to set it up easily as soon as it arrived and everything worked perfectly immediately and has continued to work perfectly in the month since then.  Apparently my printer was just a dud, so i don't think my experience will be of much help, except to let you know that HP stood behind their printer and made things right for me.  The replacement printer itself was quick and easy to set up with the proper startup cartridges, is easy to use and produces high quality prints.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.