Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4535
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to print a canon photo paper pro luster. Most of the times it comes blank without printing anything. But always back side of the paper have black straight vertical lines. Chose speciality gloss and photo paper. No changes.

Sometime it gets printed but the aligned is to the right or left (standard Letter szie) . Does HP support Luster papers? How do i print them properly. Any help on this and anyone faced this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AJSenji,

Irad the response and thanks for the update. It is great to have you back. additional paper types cannot be added from the printer's control panel. It is fixed. It has been an honor to work with you considering your superb technical skills and immense patience, Kudos to you for that. 🙂 As @Riddle_Decipher is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

If lines still persist, even on plain paper the evidence points to a hardware issue with the printer. I am being candid about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.

Please try these steps:

• Make 2 copies of a document directly from the printer without any communication from the computer using plain paper.
  • If the lines are present while copying then the issue is hardware related. 

Please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: https://hp.care/2JqfwnC (HP Printers - Fixing Print Quality Problems)

Now check if the issue gets fixed. If it continues, then please contact HP phone support to get the further assistance in this regard as the printer or the faulty cartridges may need to be replaced.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: 

1. Click on this link – https://hp.care/2moMFSc
  2. 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. 3) Enter the serial of your device.
  4. 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. 5) Click on “Show Options”.

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

If it copies correctly then perform these steps to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again. 

Then download the latest full feature driver from https://hp.care/2Jrtc1u  and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

This should do the trick for you.

• If the issue persists, then follow directions from this link: https://hp.care/2o3acvH to install the built-in drivers.
  • This should work for you.

If it continues, then try installing the basic printer drivers from this link: https://hp.care/2JmI69z

This should resolve the issue for you.

Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.  

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AJSenji

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you need help in printing via the luster paper,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did you check the printer user guide or paper handling specifications before using the paper?
  • Has it ever worked before?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Use this link to identify the printer paper handling specifications: https://hp.care/2sAAXYF

(I'm afraid this printer does not support, the type of paper you are attempting to use)

Check the user guide for more details: https://hp.care/2sFgUbM

That said, to ensure your printer works with other types of supported paper, I recommend you check if the copier works as a stand alone.

Keep me posted,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for a reply buddy!  

• Did you check the printer user guide or paper handling specifications before using the paper?  - Yes, HP directly doesnt support this paper type. I believe the equivalent of this is HP Semi Gloss Photo paper as I saw in some of the HP blogs itself. Unfortunately I dont have that paper type in my deskjet inkjet advantage printer. 

• Has it ever worked before? - Yes, If I select Other Inkjet  Glossy as a paper type it was able to print the images but the alignment is pathetic...I couldnt get them printed on the center of the page or whole page. My image gets cropped. But I got a workaround for this. Worked well with small images yet to test a bigger image.

Usually, Vertical lines predict a hardware issue within the printer, while horizontal lines predict a software failure.

Let me know what kind of lines appear while using the normal (supported) paper, although, I hope it works fine. - This started few prints ago and I thought it is because of the Luster, but unfortunately I get those lines even on a plain paper (A4) and also on premium glossy.  So the back side of the paper gets a vertical line (As if I draw 4 vertical lines from top to bottom in a A4 in portrait  mode). Not sure how to fix it.

One quick question,  whether HP supports adding a new paper type? in my case HP Semi GLoss to my existing paper types ?? If so how do i do that?  Printer - HP Deskjet Inkjet Advantage 4535.

Thanks  again for your reply and support!

HP Recommended

@AJSenji,

Irad the response and thanks for the update. It is great to have you back. additional paper types cannot be added from the printer's control panel. It is fixed. It has been an honor to work with you considering your superb technical skills and immense patience, Kudos to you for that. 🙂 As @Riddle_Decipher is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

If lines still persist, even on plain paper the evidence points to a hardware issue with the printer. I am being candid about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.

Please try these steps:

• Make 2 copies of a document directly from the printer without any communication from the computer using plain paper.
  • If the lines are present while copying then the issue is hardware related. 

Please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: https://hp.care/2JqfwnC (HP Printers - Fixing Print Quality Problems)

Now check if the issue gets fixed. If it continues, then please contact HP phone support to get the further assistance in this regard as the printer or the faulty cartridges may need to be replaced.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: 

1. Click on this link – https://hp.care/2moMFSc
  2. 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. 3) Enter the serial of your device.
  4. 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. 5) Click on “Show Options”.

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

If it copies correctly then perform these steps to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again. 

Then download the latest full feature driver from https://hp.care/2Jrtc1u  and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

This should do the trick for you.

• If the issue persists, then follow directions from this link: https://hp.care/2o3acvH to install the built-in drivers.
  • This should work for you.

If it continues, then try installing the basic printer drivers from this link: https://hp.care/2JmI69z

This should resolve the issue for you.

Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.  

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks David for the followup.

Tried taking around 5 copies on a plain paper. First one had a very slight lines (believe it was the traces of my previuos Luster printout) All the other 4 copies didnt have those lines. So it means Printer couldnt accomodate Luster paper.

Anyway I dont need to follow the troubleshooting steps! 🙂

Actually you guys can have a self service portal with those troubleshooting steps as scripts or an utility. Instead doing it manually. 

HP Recommended

@AJSenji

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern via @DavidSMP

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept our suggestions,

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for our efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

P.S : Using self service portal is a good idea, however, we prefer connecting with the customer on a personal level, and provide that human touch rather than the former, from the looks of it, we were successful (I hope) 😉 😄

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.