Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem and solution as described by Kristirice73, which was my HP Laserjet Pro Color MFW was working fine a couple of days ago, then would no longer connect to my home wifi. From my perspective, I hadn't made any changes to the system. However, I also was able to get my HP printer to connect after disabling the "Self Organizing Network" feature of Verizon FIOS. In my case, I used my browser to log into Verizon > My Account > Internet Management > Self-Organizing Network. I disabled the feature, which within seconds enabled my HP printer to access my home wifi and, hence, I could wireless print and/or scan. 

Once the HP was reconnected to the wifi and I verified printing & scanning, I then used my Verizon account to re-enable the Self-Organizing Network feature. However, almost immediately the HP printer no longer would access the wifi.

The odd thing to me is that I've been using the Verizon FIOS Self-Organizing Network feature for probably over a year. So, I don't know what changed in the last couple of days that would make the HP printer no longer be able to connect to my home wifi.  I'm speculating that Verizon did some sort of background update to the router (FIOS Gateway) that changed something, which is unaffected by rebooting the router (which I tried) or the printer.

HP Recommended

Verizon must have pushed some update to the routers.  I had this same issue and after reading this post I turned off SON and my printer was able to connect.  I've been running SON for several months with no problem with this printer.  Something changed about 2 weeks ago and my printer suddenly lost connection.  Same issue everyone describes.  Able to see the network in configuration set up but just won't connect.  Also, I was able to connect with SON on but with an open network, having turned encryption off.

HP Recommended

keep getting error light for RED ink .........appears to be damaged remove and replace INK ....

this is third(3) ink replacement  ink  can  be heard and felt ....

Office Depot remanufactured multiPack HP950XL/951.  

display wont change in monitor.it locks-Up and screen freezes , although ink is fine;

request factory -RE-SET  from online

HP Recommended

Thanks for the 2 links.  Do you have any for Mac?

Daniel Starr
HP Recommended

I have the same issue - but not Verizon Fios, it's Optimum cable.  But it appears to be a driver issue.  I followed every step repeatedly about downloading the drivers, but my HP computer won't or can't even find or hookup via the IP address.  The computer isn't reading the driver, and downloading the HP driver software does NOT help.  This must be an HP software problem.   After downloading the software updates, I can get some things to work, but not scanning to my HP computer.

I have a laptop, and have been able to get it to scan to my Lenovo laptop, but then it would not pull scanning pages from the feeder, it only scans from the glass and doesn't ask me.

Based on the fact that I have been able to get every piece of hardware to work in one way or another, and could connect to different computers, this MUST be an HP software driver problem.  PLEASE HELP.  

Have had all the computers and printers for at least two years, and this is a sudden problem.   Maybe HP needs to overcome a Windows update?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.