cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Wirlwind
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Output Bun Full

HP Recommended
Officejetpro 9020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I continue to get a "Output Bin Full"  error message when wanting to print followed by the following explanation "The output bin has reached its capacity. Remove the paper from the bin to continue printing."

I have tried pushing the springs to make sure they work, rebooting, disconnecting the power cable and nothing works, I am no longer able to print and cannot seem to get any HP customer support besides the virtual assistant which is not very useful!  This is my last attempt to illicit a solution other wise I need to source a new printer and it will definitely not be HP!

3 REPLIES 3
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,224 30,938 5,331 12,417
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please make sure the latest printer firmware is installed for your printer:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-OfficeJet-Pro-9020-All-in-One-Printer-...

Also, swipe down the top gray bar on the printer front panel and tap the Setup Icon.

Select Preferences.

There look for the the Output Bin Sensor toggle and disable it.

Restart the printer and try printing, check for any difference then.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Wirlwind
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for responding Shlomil, unfortunately neither work, I have the latest firmware installed and there no Output bin sensor option on the settings page

0 Kudos
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,224 30,938 5,331 12,417
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're much welcome @Wirlwind, the option is there in the settings menu.

From the printer front panel swipe down the top bar and click the Setup (gear icon).

Go to  Preferences and scroll down until you see Output Sensor.

Toggle off this option and check for any difference then.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation