Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

And did the person on the phone understand what you meant and what we're talking about?

DocHollis

HP Recommended

DocHollis,

Apparently "paper catcher" is a universal term.  She finally did. She was then able to go test it herself.  Amazing..."paper catcher tray" 🤔 is the one that got the point across.  I was more frustrated that she was asking me if the printer was on a level surface and did I have the paper inserted in the tray correctly.  I said, 'Not going IN. COMING OUT! In the paper catcher tray!"  Boom!  She went, she printed it, came back, confirmed it and then said she could do nothing but offer me another tray and forward it to her boss because she is just an "agent" as she referred to herself.  

HP Recommended

And what happened to our HP guy on here, Arthur?  Did he get in touch with whoever he was replying to for more information? How do we tag him to get him to respond to this again and let us know what is going on?

HP Recommended

**bleep**! This is ridiculous. 

HP Recommended

No. The developers apparently have 3/4 of a brain and made the tray to only fit 3/4 of a page. It’s absolutely ridiculous. 

HP Recommended

Hi Arthur, 

I sent you a message in October regarding this and never received anything back, I will also reply to that post as well so you can see how many people are upset over this issue not being resolved.  Many, including my self and already researching alternatives to HP since the company created a defective product and hasn't been responsive.  We would all like to resolve this.  Thank you.

A_Bientot

HP Recommended

No I never received a PM as he said, and no follow-up.  Sorry but life got in the way...  I have since sent a PM and a reply to his post on here.  We'll see!  

A_Bientot!

HP Recommended

A_Bientot, 

Nothing for YOU to apologize for!  I know what you mean. As a small business owner, I just don't have time to keep up with my business and chase HP down for this.  I am sad to hear that they never contacted you after Arthur from HP said that they would.  That is just bad business.  Had I not just purchased an all new HP desktop, laserjet Enterprise M553x and this all within the last 4 months, I would have to say I am moving elsewhere for other brand  names.   I noticed while I was given selections on the phone that HP owns or Samsung owns HP?  They are connected somehow.  I had actually looked at a Samsung printer prior to this one (not aware they were connected) and saw the HORRIBLE reviews for it so I opted to "go with what I know".  It is just easier for me as a small business owner to hook up an HP printer to an already existing full on HP office.  They always install flawlessly and work well together, so I have never had to deal with customer service.

HP Recommended

I just purchased a 9025 also and I regret it!  First, like many other owners have complained, the Output Tray is too small.  My 8600 had much better tray to handle more paper and sizes.  Second, the Scan to Computer feature doesn't stay connected making it a hassle to reconnect.  I'm done with HP printers and lousy support.

HP Recommended

Rcox202,

I am sorry you got taken, too.  I hate to admit it, but this little printer does a really good job of printing, copying and scanning for me. The constant reconnect issue has plagued me for years with HP scan to computer though.  I always assume it is our rural internet.

If they fixed the short output tray, I would would be happy as a clam, but they refuse to acknowledge it.  I decided to tape down the little pop up piece on the extension that causes the papers to curve upwards. That way I don't have them spilling out onto the floor when printing labels or heavy pages at least. 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.