Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6835
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, everyone,

I'm suddenly getting an error message on my printer screen that says "Oxc19a0002: Problem with printhead". I already went through all the steps recommended through HP's support page (e.g., unplugging the printer while it is on and waiting 60 sec. before plugging it back in, trying to clean the printhead -- it won't let me). So, I thought I would check with the community to see how I should troubleshoot. I've only used this printer for about 2 years. 

Thanks in advance for your help,

Laurel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lmcolton

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

This is a Hardware issue. Please contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

I got a flashlight and looked farther inside the printer's base and see that there is a bunch of wet ink covering the green wires. This can't be good. Something seems to be leaking. Is this worth fixing through a service center? Or should I just buy a new printer?

Thanks,

Laurel

HP Recommended

@lmcolton

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

This is a Hardware issue. Please contact HP Support in your region for service options

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for this information. I contacted a local service provider and they told me that I'd need a new printhead, which costs $179 plus their service fee. So, it's not worth fixing. Now, I have to buy a new printer. This HP lasted just over one-and-a-half years of use and I bought it new. Not good. 

Thanks a lot,

Laurel

HP Recommended

@lmcolton

I understand your concerns and frustration

I will escalate your case and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I agree,  I have the same error, tried EVERYTHING on the tedious HP troubleshooting site and NOTHING worked.  My printer is 60 days off warranty - I refuse to pay 179 for a replacement part when I can get a new printer for a few dollars more!  What ever happened to the quality products HP used to produce and support!<  

HP Recommended

@jjbkab

I understand your concerns and frustration

I will escalate your case and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am getting the same issue and have only been using the printer for a little less than 2 years.  It seems to me that there is a quality issue with the product.  Does not seem right that we should have to spend this much money to repair or replace a printer that should last longer than 2 years. 

HP Recommended

@WIndowman1964

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Very unhappy,

I too am getting the same exact error today 3/28/2021.  I am on the phone with support and they are telling me the same thing - that I need to buy a new printer.  By my estimates I've actually printed out less than 750 total sheets on this 6835 printer.  This is unacceptable to know that HP Inc has essentially sold a "defective" print head to their customers.  Once HP Inc discovered this manufacturing defect they should have immediately issued a recall regardless of support status.  This is inexcusable and it showcases poor quality and poor customer satisfaction.  I too let my service plan lapse for this printer (because my company wouldn't pay for one).  I don't care that its 5 yrs old - I have other HP Printers that are even older than this one and their printheads still at least function.  Very disgusted...and seeking a new printer vendor.

BigDaddy68_1

bigdaddy68_1
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.