Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet
macOS 10.15 Catalina

So there are quite a few complaints about this topic and I finally found out the solution to these topics: 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/I-am-printing-and-the-image...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/PDF-s-Print-Black-Backgroun...

The problem exists because the user has a "Mac" and the user is opening the pdf with the program "Preview". The user needs to use another program such as "Adobe Acrobat Reader" (free version) or any other program that is not Mac's pdf  "Preview". When you change the default opening program HP will print correctly.

The user doesn't need to convert the images to .jpg or any other format (although it works because the program opening the image is not Mac's "Preview".

Attached is the program that is causing this problem "Preview" and one of the solutions (change to adobe or any other program that opens pdf)

If the costumer support could update these questions (that took me an insane amount of time to solve it would e much appreciated). Just Don't use "Preview" and it will solve your problem. Dear costumer support please update those other answers

Don't use "Preview" and it will solve your problemDon't use "Preview" and it will solve your problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So the accepted solution is to change the program that is opening the pdf. Just don't use "Preview" (Adobe free version is fine for this). If you convert it to .jpg (which I don't recommend because it will take you more time) it will also solve your problem 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

So the accepted solution is to change the program that is opening the pdf. Just don't use "Preview" (Adobe free version is fine for this). If you convert it to .jpg (which I don't recommend because it will take you more time) it will also solve your problem 

HP Recommended

This has not worked.  I have the same problem printing PDFs from Google Chrome.

HP Recommended

I didn't test it on Chrome. I tested with Adobe Reader (free version) and a few others. So, I'm sure it works with Adobe. Possible solutions which I won't test: change the default program while printing from Chrome to "Adobe Reader" (instead of Preview). Save the files you want from Chrome and afterward open them in "Adobe" - this one works and I've tested it. If you find anything else please post here your solution 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.