Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Pagewide Pro 477dw

Hello,

I own a HP Pagewide Pro 477dw and I am facing an issue. When I press the on/off button to turn it off, the printer after a few seconds it turns back on with the on/off button blinking and the screen being blank. If I press the on/off button again to turn it on the screen lights up and it shows the menu. It is like the printer is unable to remain off. I have tried to full reset it via the service menu and reflash the drive with a USB flash drive but I am unable to solve the problem. I tried also to do a REFLASH from the service menu but it shows a green screen and the numbers 12345 and it doesn't do anything.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK I found the solution to my problem. I had to disable soft off from the Enable/Disable menu. To enter the menu I had to press the Home button, Back button, Home button, and then the Back button again. From there I disabled Soft Off. The printer now can switch off properly and remain off.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

OK I found the solution to my problem. I had to disable soft off from the Enable/Disable menu. To enter the menu I had to press the Home button, Back button, Home button, and then the Back button again. From there I disabled Soft Off. The printer now can switch off properly and remain off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.