Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Raised similar issues a while ago but overnight last night got a load of mails advising of replies so here's an update and I'll try to close off the issue. Have managed to get to a place where I can just about print what I want - had to do a factory reset (which I only found by trial and error) and start from scratch, reinstalling printer using IP address   Now prints but often a long wait for the print to start, have to remember to use advanced settings on adobe, and installed the app on all tablet and iphone - but probably 1 in 3 times it can't find the printer even though it's using the IP address, and the other times it is slow and/or I end up opening documents attached to mail (what I usually want to print) and then have to save, or save as iBook etc until I find a combination that is a format I can print and that will "find" the printer. Not great but with daughter half way through exams and needing to print past papers I am loathe to do any more. Will probably give up and buy a new printer - which presumably is what HP actually want you to do.

HP Recommended

How do I perform a factory reset?

I used HP PRint & Scan Doctor and Windows' troubleshooter to evaluate the printer.  It went through the process of "detecting problems", but came up with no solution.  I can't remember how I performed the Software Update and also cannot tell you what software it is currently running.

Firmware Version VAx2FN1121AR

The wireless connection is operable.  I believe the issue started when I tried setting up ePrint.  So, now I cannot use any of the buttons on the printer or clear the Quick Forms presently on the display screen.

HP Recommended

Use the following steps to reset the product.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.

Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

2. Wait 20 seconds.

3. Press and hold the # and 3 buttons on the product control panel.

4. While holding down these buttons, reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

5. After the product turns on, release both buttons. The product resets to the factory defaults.

HP Recommended

i have the same issue. i even factory reset the printer and its still not working.

HP Recommended

Dear HP:

YOU BROKE THINGS AGAIN!!!

Please let us in on what changed this time to prevent:

1) ePrint from working, communicating with the server etc. 

2) Any server communication

Now I see why people started complaining again - my bad, I really don't use these services but my kids do, which is what led me to troubleshoot their inabliity to print from their Chromebooks (which WORKED after things got "fixed" last time). 

So it looks like HP YOU NEED ANOTHER SOFTWARE UPDATE TO FIX OUR C410 PRINTERS!!!

HP Recommended

Double post - deleted

HP Recommended

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Photosmart-c410-ePrint-stopped-working-Server-Connecti...

New thread, since it seems HP no longer monitors this one.  Please post your problems there.  My c410a is basically a doorstop now. 

HP Recommended

I also have a server connection error on my Photosmart 410. However I am unable to access any of the printers functions because of this. 

If I press enter after the error message I get put into the quick forms menu and cannot get out of it neither cancel nor return , nor home buttons work, So I cannot access the setup menu.

I have unplugged and rebooted.

The machine does print, but not copy or scan.

Help please I need to use this printer for scan a document and am completely stuck.

HP Recommended

Did you try this (it worked for me)

Use the following steps to reset the product.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.

Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

2. Wait 20 seconds.

3. Press and hold the # and 3 buttons on the product control panel.

4. While holding down these buttons, reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

5. After the product turns on, release both buttons. The product resets to the factory defaults

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.