Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3000 Printer J310a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My problem is with my HP Deskjet 3000 Printer J310a which is attached to my desktop computer, an HP Pavilion p6000 Series.  For some reason that I can't explain, my prints have suddenly started going sideways which includes prints from Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  I have a Word document that is setup as Calibri, 14 pt. size, bold font for the entire three-page document.  When I print, the first page prints fine but the next two pages switch to what looks like a Greek or Arabic font that is smaller and no longer bold.  The Excel spreadsheet print out is set for an Arial, 10 pt. size, bold font but the print out drops to a smaller font that I can barely read.  And, the Adobe Acrobat Reader files (mostly pdf) look just fine when I see the print preview but the print outs drop most of the data I am seeing on the preview and I can't identify why it is keeping some parts that it prints just fine.  The only way I've been able to get a readable printout from Adobe Acrobat is to click on the Advanced tab and select the Print as Image option and that gives me a printout with all of the data.  This just started with prints from these sources today (4/7/2021); yesterday everything was working fine.  I have no idea what is causing these issues.  Am I missing an upgrade or is it just a matter of working with a system that is around 10 years old?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PRB1948 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who include phone numbers or email addresses in public posts.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

Definitely sounds like a translation issue.

At least you found the workaround.  That is something.

The underlying source of the problem could be within the printer software, within the printer (and how it is interpreting the content into printer language), or within your Windows 7 File System (hopefully not and not as likely).

The Full Feature Software is still available - last released in 2015

The software should certainly will work for your OS version.

HP DeskJet 3000 Printer series - J310 Full Feature Software and Driver 

Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)

Try / Consider (if you have not already done so)

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor

Version just listed (as of this writing) in Software and Drivers > Sub-Category Diagnostics

>>>  HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

Reload the Printer Software

Uninstall printer software from Programs and Features > Restart and log in > Install fresh copy of the software > Restart and log in

Full Driver Printer software installation packate

HP Deskjet 3000 Printer series - J310 Full Feature Software and Driver 

• Download and Save the printer installation package for the “Full driver

Next

• Navigate to the folder in which you saved the software installation package (likely Downloads)
  • Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation
  • Reminder:  If using USB > Connect the USB cable when instructed (toward the end of the installation)
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

Reset the printer

Related Document:

HP printer does not turn on

Complete Step 1

References / Resources

PDF - Print as Image

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC /Optional  Foxit Reader)

• HINT:  Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software
  • Adobe Reader DC software should be installed even if you do not open / view / print PDF files directly from the software.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Learn & Support

Acrobat Reader DC Help

If the file will not print due to unusual content (odd fonts, color schemes, tables, other oddities), print the file as an Image.  Image printing does not require the printer software to translate file content.

1. Open the offending document in Adobe Reader DC
  1. Click Print icon > Set other options on the menu > Click Advanced button
  1. Set the printer select the colors (Optional)
  2. Select Print the PDF file as an image

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 3000 Printer series - J310 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PRB1948 

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who include phone numbers or email addresses in public posts.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

Definitely sounds like a translation issue.

At least you found the workaround.  That is something.

The underlying source of the problem could be within the printer software, within the printer (and how it is interpreting the content into printer language), or within your Windows 7 File System (hopefully not and not as likely).

The Full Feature Software is still available - last released in 2015

The software should certainly will work for your OS version.

HP DeskJet 3000 Printer series - J310 Full Feature Software and Driver 

Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)

Try / Consider (if you have not already done so)

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor

Version just listed (as of this writing) in Software and Drivers > Sub-Category Diagnostics

>>>  HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

Reload the Printer Software

Uninstall printer software from Programs and Features > Restart and log in > Install fresh copy of the software > Restart and log in

Full Driver Printer software installation packate

HP Deskjet 3000 Printer series - J310 Full Feature Software and Driver 

• Download and Save the printer installation package for the “Full driver

Next

• Navigate to the folder in which you saved the software installation package (likely Downloads)
  • Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation
  • Reminder:  If using USB > Connect the USB cable when instructed (toward the end of the installation)
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

Reset the printer

Related Document:

HP printer does not turn on

Complete Step 1

References / Resources

PDF - Print as Image

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC /Optional  Foxit Reader)

• HINT:  Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software
  • Adobe Reader DC software should be installed even if you do not open / view / print PDF files directly from the software.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Learn & Support

Acrobat Reader DC Help

If the file will not print due to unusual content (odd fonts, color schemes, tables, other oddities), print the file as an Image.  Image printing does not require the printer software to translate file content.

1. Open the offending document in Adobe Reader DC
  1. Click Print icon > Set other options on the menu > Click Advanced button
  1. Set the printer select the colors (Optional)
  2. Select Print the PDF file as an image

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 3000 Printer series - J310 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.