Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

HP P1102w is printing all black pages. I have tried various cartridges with no luck. I unplugged the printer and looked inside and found this part loose on the floor. Does anyone have any idea if it relates to my problem?

B2EFC492-F3F9-45E8-9E18-26777E8FC1B9.jpeg

91915B63-A66D-4565-BF65-D2E181D1322F.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would replace this unit.  My personal experience, this is probably a hardware issue.  

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Not familiar with broken part, but I do not think that it is causing the black pages.  Broken piece probably came off of a toner cartridge.  Inside the printer, on the left side, there is a grounding tab.  Just follow the cartridge guides.  Try prying the tab out a little.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  By grounding tab do you mean one of the wire loops?

IMG_4148.jpg

HP Recommended

Yes, the U-shaped metal ground.  The arm part of this ground that extends toward the front of the printer can cause black pages.  Use a small screwdriver to pry it out from the guide.  Light pressure.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!

I have marked two metal pieces on this attachment. Are you referring to 1 or 2?

BobBaron1_0-1673670190060.jpeg

HP Recommended

Item 2.  The toner cartridge contacts this metal ground. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestions.  So far the problem has not been solved.  The cartridge seller is going to send me another cartridge to check out.

HP Recommended

The latest cartridge the vendor (Aztech) sent (now up to #5) produced another black page, although it does have something along the left side of the page (see attached but disregard the shadows and shading on the right side). 

Aztech has thrown in the towel and is issuing a refund ($30!).  I now need to decide whether to try an original HP cartridge ($$$) or give up and order a new small laser printer. I don’t need to print much but when I need to print something I do need a printer. 

I appreciate your input. 

75F6BCBC-FF56-4CBD-AF72-33181005B99F.jpeg

HP Recommended

I would replace this unit.  My personal experience, this is probably a hardware issue.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.