Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 2540 All In One
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I hope someone can help!  I have a HP 2540 All in One printer that is connected by Wi fi to my iMac.  but the printer randomly actives and printer blank pages, even when my iMac is switched off.  I want to resolve this matter as printer does this in the middle of there night and also in there daytime too! I have checked and updated any software that HP have released. and now I do. not know what else I can do. can someone please help me Urgently today!  I. need help badly with this issue!!  Regards Tim

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @DMTIM,

I'd like to help resolve the issue.

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

MESSAGE FOR JAY.G24 HP SUPPORT AGENT!!

I am ahead of you in regards to resetting there print, by unplugging it from wall and give 60 second for printer memory to clear. but this did not work.  On my iMac , I did a complete print reset and reinstalled print and downloaded any. updated software and firmware. I believe the most recent firmware might of been the problem. but also it might also be a problem that the printer itself maybe on its way out perhaps, but I have not had it long, apparently its out of its warranty in 2016, I found this out. when I originally registered it. 

UPDATE 14/08/2020.  I believe that. what I had done clearing the print from my. computer. has sorted the issues out, as I. no longer have the print going of in random try to print stuff that. it was not ordered too.  so fingers crossed and touch wood, it will  stay like this, its now been 3 days without incident.  

I dont know how. long printer these days normally last.  I know 1 HP print I had lasted 10 years with no breakdowns, but this was when  ink would last a long time. these days I found the the ink cartridges are not complete full of ink, like that used to. and I am. basically having to. replace in every month, not that I do. much printing at the moment.  

another printer that I bought after my. long lasting printer of 20 years  gave up Life. I bought a printer that basically stopped working after one day, and even a replacement broke down after one day too.  I managed to get the HP I have now, and HP were kind enough to send my BW/Colour ink cartridges for my new printer (the one noted in subject bar) as an apology , but I guess these days this no longer happens. 

anyway, Jay_G24 thank you for your help.  have a good day!

HP Recommended

@DMTIM

Glad to know that the printer is working fine now. Monitor the printer and let us know if you find any issues. Also, thank you for the feedback, I will forward it to the respective team of engineers in HP.

Keep us posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.